The Micronet A317 MCU can be updated in two ways:
- SD Card
- OTA with RedBend
NOTE: These methods will perform a factory reset on the device. All applications and data will be erased.
- Insert the SD card into the SmarTab’s SD card slot with the MCU.s19 and flash_all_mmc.scr obtained from Micronet.
- Press and hold the red decline button and the center circle enter button until you see the bootloader flash screen shown below
- Once everything besides the logo reads “OK” you can power the device off, take the SD card out, and then power the device on.
- Verify that the MCU was updated by checking “Settings” “About Phone” “MCU Version”
Here is a video of the SD Card Update process: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2ody0p2jj6yj6u/UpdatingMCUonA317.wmv?dl=0
OTA with RedBend
- Power up the A317 device and make sure it is connected only to cellular data.
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect and type in the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 and click “connect” to enter Micronet’s virtual private network (VPN). If you do not have Cisco AnyConnect you can download it free here: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281283/type/282364313/release/4.6.03049
- In a web browser type http://192.168.137.20:8080/sma and hit enter.
- Enter your specific login credentials for the RedBend server.
- In the RedBend Dashboard navigate to “Software Management” “New Campaign”
- Enter a Campaign Name, select which device you want to update by the Device’s ID (IMEI number), then select “Update All Software to the Latest Version” under “Select Action”
- Click “Run Campaign” at the bottom to initiate the updates.
- Launch the RedBend “Software Management” app on the A317 device and the updates will be installed automatically.